We’ve given you tips on important questions to ask your guide on a campus tour, but now we’re here to suggest where to look closely when you visit campuses. Of course you want to make sure you can see yourself living comfortably in the dorms, or that the academic buildings seem cutting-edge. But what’s the one building where you will spend the most time—chowing down, hanging out with friends, and studying hard? The campus center, sometimes called the student center or student union. At Becker, it’s the George F. and Sybil H. Fuller Campus Center.
In 2012 we put $9.5 million into the 35,727-square-foot center because we know it’s the heart of student life on campus. Although the building’s red brick and glass exterior makes it visually pleasing from the outside, it’s what’s inside that really counts. Here’s why the Fuller Campus Center is at the top of our must-see list:
- A 254-seat dining hall. Becker’s enrollment is growing each year, so we added a lot of seats to accommodate our new students. Choose a meal made from locally grown ingredients, or feast on some fresh brick oven pizza. In this spacious new dining hall, you’ll be satisfying your taste buds alongside 253 of your fellow Hawks.
- Fully equipped fitness center. Stocked with cardio and strength-training equipment and flat-screen televisions, our fitness center is a great new addition for our students. Why not relax your mind with yoga, or dance your way to a work out with a Zumba class in the mirrored dance studio?
- Game room. You know the Princeton Review has named us a top college for video game design for five consecutive years, right? Naturally, our campus wouldn’t be complete without a game room, where you’ll find several video game stations, pool tables, and ping pong tables.
- Quiet study room. Cramming for a test? Hit the books in this glass-enclosed study space including computers for your use—a great alternative to the library or computer labs when you need a place to get work done.
- Easy access to the bookstore and other facilities. Via a quick sunlit walkway, our Campus Center is connected to another building that houses a new Health and Wellness Suite, an expanded bookstore, and a new Student Administrative Services Suite for the registrar, financial aid, and student accounts offices.
In other words, you’ll find everything you need in our campus center. Click here to see footage from the grand opening of the Fuller Center and get a better look at all of its facilities. But of course, the best way to test your fit on campus is by visiting. Register for a campus tour today!