As you kick off a new school year, our Hawks are settling in for the fall semester, and with that, we've got a whole new set of fast facts to share. If you missed out on August, catch up here, then dive into September...
- Becker College was named one of the "27 Best Video Game Colleges 2015" by SuccessfulStudent.org.
- For the third year, our admissions team saw record enrollment. We welcomed more than 2,000 students to campus for the fall 2015 semester, which began on August 31.
- This year, we're excited to introduce the B.S. in Data Science. Read our Q&A with Professor Bagirov, the Founding Director of the Data Science program, to learn more.
- Want to study at Becker while living at home? We host a ton of cool events throughout the year for our commuter students, like free luncheons. In fact, we just held a Commuter Kick-Off Party, complete with free food and awesome giveaways.
- Our incoming freshmen were given copies of Warren St. John's book, Outcasts United: An American Town, a Refugee Team, and One Woman's Quest to Make a Difference, as their summer reading assignment. Last week, they heard from St. John firsthand, when he gave a motivational talk on our Leicester campus.
- Search the slogan, "#TooHawk2Handle," on Twitter and Instagram to follow the Class of 2019 throughout their first year.
- Last month, Becker's Interactive Media department and Woo! Game Pile teamed up to hold the Fukushima Game Jam 2015. What's more, this marked the first time the event was held in the United States. (See photos here!)
Have you visited Becker? We can think of at least five reasons to plan your campus visit right now.