Before we can wish you a happy summer (and we're almost there!), all of us at Becker College want to say GOOD LUCK on your finals. If, like most students, your upcoming exams have you feeling uneasy, here's our advice for not only surviving finals week, but rocking it.
1. Study in groups. You've heard the phrase, "Two heads are better than one," right? Opting to study with your peers can make studying feel a lot less like a chore and just may give you a new perspective on the material. (Who knows—maybe your classmate came up with a trick for memorizing that formula that still has you stumped.)
2. Use flashcards. With so many apps and sites designed to help you study, it's easy to forget about the tricks you learned way back when. Flashcards, as simple as they are, are still extremely effective; they force you to recall a subject when given a clue (much like on a test).
3. Take breaks. We've told you before—studying a little at a time makes remembering information a lot easier. And when you allow yourself frequent, short breaks, you're more likely to stay on task when it matters most. Think of it as a reward system!
4. Stay active. According to an article on Huffington Post, stress can make you forget things, which makes studying for finals even more complicated. To keep your memory in tip-top shape, go for a jog, a bike ride, or host a solo dance party. Even just a few minutes of activity have been shown to reduce stress levels immediately.
5. Scream at the top of your lungs. If all else fails, grab a pillow and start screaming. It may sound silly, but releasing your tension in a harmless way could help you return to your studies in a clearer, more relaxed state of mind.
Made it through the week? We have one last assignment for you: Apply to Becker! We're still accepting applications on a rolling basis.