Ever spent an afternoon volunteering at your local animal shelter? Ever felt it was your responsibility to nurse an injured animal back to health? Ever dreamed of a college that fit your goals and your passions as an animal lover? If so, take a closer look at Becker College.
Becker was ranked No. 2 on Great Value Colleges' list of 25 Great Small Colleges for Animal Lovers. Here's a breakdown of the things that make our campus such a great place for people like you, who adore animals and want to make a career out of caring for them.
1. We're nationally ranked. In addition to our latest accolade by Great Value Colleges, our School of Animal Studies was recognized as No. 1 in New England and No. 15 in the country. Not to mention, Becker is among the top 15 private institutions in the country in awarding animal studies degrees, and one of the 10 largest producers of veterinary technology degrees among four-year private institutions. It doesn't stop there: we're one of only two private colleges in New England to offer AVMA-accredited undergraduate programs in veterinary technology.
2. Our degree programs. From pre-vet to laboratory animal management, our course offerings within the School of Animal Studies are exactly what you need to find success in whatever path you choose. Like our program graduates, you could go on to become a veterinarian, a biomedical researcher, or a laboratory animal technician.
3. The veterinary clinic. Here, you'll get hands-on experience on a whole new level. The Becker College Veterinary Clinic, located right on our campus, is open to the public Monday through Friday. It provides non-emergency care for dogs, cats, birds, and other small mammals around our community—and with that, gives you a real feel for what it would be like to work at a vet clinic.
4. The equestrian center. If colts and mares are more your style, you'll love the Becker College Equestrian Center, just a short drive or shuttle ride from both of our campuses. It offers boarding and full-time care for horses, and it's where our equine studies majors spend most of their time. Looking to try something new? The equestrian center offers lessons for beginners.
5. On-campus activities. It's one of the categories that Great Value Colleges used in their assessment, and one of the things our students love most about Becker. We offer a wide range of campus activities, especially events that cater to our programs and students' interests. Coming up this September, the Leicester Campus is hosting the 17th annual Pet Rock Fest, which promotes kindness to animals.
Loving the idea of an animal studies degree? Check out our infographic for five paths you can take post-graduation.